Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dexter Dalwood

An artist that I had to look at was Dexter Dalwood.

I chose two pieces of his work to analyse; The Calm and The Poll Tax Riots.





'The Poll Tax Riots' demonstrated a very urban, street art illustration; therefore I believed it related to the topic very well. The whole image seemed to be the after effect of a polling day.
I interpreted the blue wash in the foreground as a pool of water, which undercovered the fire that was engulfing the surrounding buildings.
'The Calm' stood out to me because of the irony in the piece. Although, named calm the picture demonstates mass distruction. The tears of paper dividing the page into three vivid factions emphasises this. I believe the strip of green in the centre portrays the view before the devistation and the surrounding dull environment is what the landscape looks like now.





No comments:

Post a Comment