Monday 18 June 2012

Printing with a Polyboard


In order to begin my print I had to draw my image in my book using my primary imagery. The sketch had to be no bigger than A4 and no smaller than A5.
I decided to merge elements of a few primary images into one piece. This allowed a variety of different shapes, sizes and textures.

After converting my sketch onto tracing paper I engraved the design into a polyboard. This was a very difficult process as it is hard to create straight lines in that specific material and I needed to ensure I did not engrave it too deeply so that it breaks, but deep enough so that the print will work. At first I used a sharp pencil to do this, however I discovered later that it was easier to use the point of a compass from a maths set.



No comments:

Post a Comment