Monday 18 June 2012

Monoprints

Throughout this unit I have been assigned many printing tasks. One of these was to produce monoprints by rolling paint out onto the table, placing my sheet on top of the blanket of paint (without applying pressure to it) and then drawing on top of the paper. When the page is lifted on the opposite side you will find your monoprint.
This is my most successful monoprint as you are able to see the actual image that I drew.
Overall, I was not fond of this method of monoprinting, as I found that majority of the time my prints did not turn out successfully. In addition, it is quite uncomfortable to draw without touching the paper.
Another method was to roll out paint onto the surface of a table, then using a glue spread wipe off lines of paint and draw out the image you wish to print. Afterwards, place your sheet of paper on top of this and apply pressure onto it (either simply with your hands or with a clean roller). Remove the sheet and you will find your print has transferred onto the paper.
I am quite pleased with my attempt (above). However, I have been told by my teacher to work back into the print; to highlight the outlines. I found this print was much easier to do rather than the first method, as you are aware of what the print will actually look like and it is harder for it to turn out unsuccessfully (by your print not being able to recognise).

No comments:

Post a Comment